Having healthy teeth and gums is so much more than just brushing with a conventional toothbrush and toothpaste and using dental floss. As the saying goes, you are what you eat so choosing the right foods in the right combination can have benefits to your teeth and gums as well as other parts of your body. We decided to do some research to find what dieticians and health experts say about what sort of foods benefit your teeth and gums and our findings kicked up a few surprises.
- It’s rich in calcium and lowers the acid levels in your mouth. Chewing on a hard cheese increases the production of saliva which is a great way to get rid of harmful bacteria.
- Black tea and coffee. Who would have thought but both beverages consumed without sugar produce polyphenols which reduce toxic bacteria? Tea is also rich in fluoride. Melo labs recommends using our whitening fingertip toothbrush to ensure you erase any stains.
- If you can get past the smell, it contains antimicrobial properties that fight tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Red wine. This diet just got a whole lot more interesting. The effect of drinking a glass of red wine can have antimicrobial effects against bacteria that cause tooth decay.
- If you eat onions raw they also contain antibacterial properties that reduce cavities.
If all of this sounds like a recipe for bad breath, fear not. Just use iko, the best travel toothbrush by Melo Labs. It’s sure to keep your teeth and gums feeling fresh and clean and can be used anywhere, anytime because it doesn’t need water or toothpaste. Try one today!!